Slide or Ride?

Gorzycki Students had to choose between a famous water park and a famous theme park. They had to decide which one they would rather go to and which was better. Multiple students explained why they liked Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio more than the New Braunfels Schlitterbahn. Seventh grader, Sam Shreeve, explained why he thought Six Flags was better.

“Six Flags has a large variety of rides, and it is really nice to go to on a sunny day,” Shreeve said.

Schlitterbahn is a huge water park that contains 51 rides, which are split between three parks. Many Gorzycki students enjoy going to Schlitterbahn in the summer for all the rides and entertainment features that they have. Seventh grader, Abby Roddewig, explained why she loves Schlitterbahn.

“Schlitterbahn is the place to be,” Roddewig said. “The park is huge and has way more activities!”

There were so many Gorzycki students that debated over which park they prefered. In the first survey, Six Flags had the most votes, but in the third survey, Schlitterbahn took the majority of the votes. Shreeve described why he thinks Six Flags is better.

“Six Flags is the best place to go when the day is nice, the sun is out, and the wind is blowing,” Shreeve said. “The big and tall roller coasters are awesome to go on when there’s a nice breeze.”

Some students prefer the cold water and long slides or sometimes just floating around in a tube. There are also students who love the waves in the wave pool or the thrills of the Falls. Seventh grader, Patrick Thomason, explained why he thought Schlitterbahn was better.

“Schlitterbahn has it all; the water rides are super fun,” Thomason said. “There’s one waterslide where you go up and down and all around through a misty dragons mouth!”

There are a lot of people who voted for Six Flags in the beginning, but now, Schlitterbahn had more votes than Six Flags. Seventh grader, Drew Wayman, tried to turn this competition around and hopefully gather more votes for Six Flags.

“Six Flags is the obvious choice; the rides are super fast and fun! There’s absolutely nothing that can top that thrill and excitement,” Wayman said.

In the end, Schlitterbahn had the most votes of both parks; knowing this, Thomason stated why he chose Schlitterbahn over Six Flags.

“This wasn’t even a competition. Schlitterbahn has everything from the raft rides to the slide rides, and Six Flags never had a chance!”

Gnasher News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Gnasher News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *