Bring on the Drama

Maia W., Staff Writer

About 100 students at Gorzycki attend Drama Club after school where they play games, have snacks, and meet new people. Every other Friday, Drama Club officers come up with ideas to excite the club’s members.

Eighth grader Maddi F. is one of the eight officers in Drama Club. She loves it for its vibrant atmosphere and the different games they play.

“I would recommend Drama Club because everyone can come, and all you have to have is a smile,” Maddi said. “The first time I went to Drama Club was in sixth grade, and since then, I have never missed a single Drama Club.”

Seventh grader Carli V. says her favorite part about Drama Club is to see new faces, and come up with ideas for new games as an officer.

“Drama Club is unique because [it is all run by students], and all the officers make the ideas,” Carli said.

Drama Club has become an extremely popular attraction ever since it started a few years ago.

“Drama Club is really popular because six graders get to be involved since they can’t be in dance, or any sports,” Carli said.

Seventh grader Madison A. has been going to Drama Club since sixth grade.

“My favorite part about Drama Club is when we play games in Mrs. Huerta’s room where we can make different things like the fake blood you get to make for Halloween,” Madison said.

Sixth grader Jacob T. loves drama because he is free to hang out with his friends, and play games.

“What I love about acting in Drama Club is that you can build up your character, and be yourself [instead of] something somebody wants you to be,” Jacob said.

Maddi shares why she thinks Drama Club is different than most clubs.

“Drama Club is unique from other schools because of the atmosphere,” Maddi said. “We love the acting, and want to share it with people.”