Tiger Cage Presents New Winners

Sadie B. and Sophie M.

Tiger Cage is a project in Business Careers which is held every year at the end of the semester. It’s Gorzycki’s version of the show Shark Tank where students present their business ideas in front of the class. Then if they move on, they are then judged by three parents.

Business teacher, Carolyn Finkler, explains why she loves teaching Business Careers.

“I love teaching this class because every time I have held Tiger Cage I am always impressed by the results from the students,” Finkler said. “I have been hosting Tiger Cage for three semesters and my inspiration for Tiger Cage is from the show Shark Tank.”

In the end of a hard long first round of voting the finalists are eighth grader, Abby W., in third place, eighth grader, Ava P., in second place, and eighth grader, Liam S., in first place. Liam explains his project, and how he feel about winning Tiger Cage.

“My business was a website where you can custom make your own websites,” Liam said. “I think I deserved to win the competition because my idea was one of the only original ideas. I think that my presentations were also very good and my idea was presented well.”

“I would suggest this class for people who are interested in starting a business,” Liam said.

All people have different experiences when taking the class. Advice for future students taking the class was to get comfortable with speaking in front of a class, make your presentation interesting, turn in your papers on time, and not to stress out in the class. Finkler has her own advice to give as well.

“Advice I have for future students participating in Tiger Cage is don’t be afraid, have a new or original idea, and do your research,” Finkler said.