School Tech

School+Tech

Jalen M. and Holden G.

Technology is starting to become something that is treasured in many civilizations. In the United States, technology is one of the most important parts of the country. At Gorzycki, technology is becoming more and more apparent with arrival of Chromebooks and better desktop computers. Seventh grader John Long explains his stance about whether or not students get more done with their phones or with textbooks.

“It depends on what kind on student you are, like, if all you did was play, you wouldn’t get anything done, but if you actually tried, you would probably get your stuff done faster,” Long said.

Most kids get distracted when using their phones during class to work on their assignments. Seventh grader Jackson Bookout talks about why students get distracted on their phones.

“I think that students know about the task, so I don’t think they really get trapped in on their phones but it’s kind of like drugs because it’s like ‘I can stop whenever I want to but you don’t,’” said Bookout.

Technology can be good for a variety of things. However, some people think that too much tech can be bad for the same amount of things. Eighth grader Noah Finney-DeWitte describes whether or not he thinks too much technology at school could be bad.

“No, because we use technology for everything,” said Finney-DeWitte.

Gorzycki started out with messed up plumbing systems, malfunctioning fire alarms, and crashing computers. Now, nine years later, Gorzycki is full of working technology that enhances students learning experiences. Seventh grader Zoe Kerns declares her position on how technology is changing Gorzycki.

“We’re using Google Classroom and we are doing digital assignments more often, so we need technology to do this stuff. Overall, that is changing Gorzycki,” said Kerns.