Flight Club Soars in the Shoe Game

Photo by Lucas Bole

Lucas B. and Max B.

Since 2005, Flight Club has established itself as the place for people looking to buy and sell the rarest and most coveted sneakers around. With one shop in Los Angeles and another in New York they receive thousands of sneakers on a weekly basis. Some are produced in extremely limited quantities, as well as samples and designs that were never available for retail. Many students at Gorzycki have been to Flight Club and explain their thoughts about it.

“I went to the one in New York,” seventh grader Jacob  Kastl said. “It was really crowded but they had a lot of cool shoes and I liked how they displayed them.”

Although Flight club has some obvious factors that make them stand out over other shoe stores, they still have some big name competition like Nike and Adidas stores, Finish Line, Foot Locker, and many more. Students describe why they would choose Flight Club over other places.

“I prefer Flight Club because they have more  variety and a bigger selection than anywhere else,” seventh grader Patrick Kenney said.

Although Flight Club does have a great selection, the shoes come at a price, and that price can sometimes be a big one. Because of this many people are reluctant to purchase things at Flight Club because they don’t have the money. Students describe whether or not they think Flight Club shoes are overpriced.

“I think Flight Club is too expensive,” seventh grader John Gonzales said. “You can go to a lot of other places with the same things for less.”

In contrast, seventh grader Nic Lee thinks their shoes are not too overpriced or expensive.

“They have nice shoes that are real and high quality,” Lee said. “I think they’re worth the money and not overpriced.”

Flight Club is a well known business in the sneaker game and has many ways of getting that name out there from using things like celebrities, YouTube, and social media. They     are always putting videos, pictures, and advertisements out there. Students explain how they found out about Flight Club.

“I found out about Flight Club on YouTube,” said Kastl. “They have this guy named Joe La Puma that goes sneaker shopping with celebrities and it’s really cool.”

Flight Club will continue to impress and attract people everywhere with their amazing selection, great variety, and fresh style. They leave many people satisfied and wanting to come back and will most likely continue to stay at the top of the sneaker game.