New Years Resolutions

Will Hoard and Patrick Thomason

Over the years, many people across the world have participated in committing to a new years resolution. Many of these resolutions include goals like dieting, losing weight, and getting into better habits all together. Gorzycki students, along with millions of people nationwide are participating in this unique tradition.  Sixth grader Besa Carney told a little bit about her new year’s resolution.

“My resolution is to be more organized,” Carney said. “I’ll try to take notes on it and try to remember more often.”

Many students have resolutions similar to this one, related to schoolwork or grades. Eighth grader Hudson Hadley commented on how he will try harder this year to get better grades.

“To get better grades I will try to focus a lot more in class and not mess around.” Hadley said.

Although many people claim that they will try to stick with their resolutions, around 80% of people don’t follow through with their resolutions by February of every year. Many students agreed with this for many fail to follow through with resolutions. Eighth grader Hudson Hadley commented on this statistic.

“I think people who fail their resolutions are lazy.” Hadley said. “I set resolutions that are realistic so that I can easily follow through with my goals.”

Eighth grader Derek Bowen agreed with Hadley about the fact and told some things he will focus on to accomplish his resolution

“I don’t think that’s surprising because usually people want to go to the gym more or run but they never do it.” Bowen said. “I wanted to eat healthier so I really just focused on eliminating junk food.”

Some other students have focused their resolutions around their friends or family. Eighth grader Paloma San Esteban told what she’ll do improve relationships with her friends.

“I am going to try really hard to appreciate my friends more by giving them presents and hear them out.”

Eighth grader Fionella Caputo explained to us what her resolution was.

“I want to be nicer to people,” Caputo said. “I’m going to start by walking away from situations that make me mad.