HQ Is The Game For You

Photo by Vanessa N.

Vanessa N. and Moosa S.

HQ is a live mobile trivia game that has taken the nation by storm over the last few months. Created by the founders of Vine, the trivia game has recently become addictive. The object of the game is Players are given 10 seconds to answer each multiple-choice trivia question, and if you answer 12 consecutive questions correctly, you can win a money prize typically in the $1,500 to $2,000 range, but occasionally up to $18,000 per game. The questions become increasingly difficult with each new round, leading players to a stressful 15 minutes. With up to one million users jumping in the game at the beginning, the remaining winners split the cash. Gorzycki students describe HQ trivia.

“On a snapchat live story and [the game] had people getting really excited,” 8th grader Ella Maedgen said “And my friends gave me codes to [the game]”.

The students describe how they found out about the game and how it is very popular and is found all over social media.

“HQ Trivia is very exciting for most because of the trivia concept and the monetary prize,”  8th grader Arianna Ritze said. “My favorite part is HQ’s live.”

HQ Trivia has a host to guide you through the game. Maedgen explains her favorite host.

“My favorite part is the host, Scott because he’s very funny,” Maedgen said. “Or the simple questions because it makes the game seem easier.”

HQ Trivia live element with over 400,000 people a day has created a lot of confliction along with others.

“There is like 800,000 people and [the game] is so hard to win,” 7th grader Drue Donus said.

HQ Trivia has a lot of bugs because its recent release. 8th grader Ellie Corbett explains one of the bugs.

“When [the game] loads slow so you miss what the host says and [the glitch]  will cause you to miss the question,” Corbett said “and so many people win [the game] they have to split the many instead of individually giving the prize money”.

Because of HQ’s live mobile game, all kinds of people joining from different age groups and diverse group

“A lot of universities play, schools like Concordia and it is timed for 10 seconds and [timed questions] is hard to answer quickly,” Ritze said.

With HQ Trivia cash prize up to $18,000 ,we ask students if they have any chance of winning this cash prize and what they would buy with it?

“No because there is many diverse questions,” Ritze said. “and I had only gone to question 5 but I would buy a new computer”.

One Student disagree and explains why she thinks she will win the trivia game.

“Yes, because even if I don’t know the answer people will comment on [the live],” Maedgen said. “I would buy clothes, and the money would go to a car or college.”

Overall HQ Trivia has its up and downs but it is a great game to play because the idea of both the live and trivia.The game is great to play with friends and family and you get prize money.

“I  like the concept of the game because it challenges you to learn new things,” Ritze said. “I always enjoy it because it is live and fun.”